Promoting Healthy Relationships
Couples seek counselling to help address persistent problems within their relationship. We take an emotional-focused perspective to relationships which consider attachment theory. We incorporate building empathy for your partner and effective listening skills. Couples sessions are complex, and have multiple layers involved to understand and uncover. However the results are worth it. It is not about who is right, but identifying ways that couples can communicate their needs. We also help you to understand your attachment patterns and how you express emotions, communicate love, develop trust, and heal disruptions.
To make a referral, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sometimes relationships are not meant to continue, but how do couples support their children throughout their childhood when there is a divorce or separation. In Supporting your Children Through Divorce we provide suggestions on how you can create a loving, healthy divorce for your children.
In every relationship, there may be a time where couples are put to the test, and they may have to navigate pain, hurt, and attachment disruptions in their relationship. Learn more about how you can begin to heal the scars of your relationship and move forward: Coming Soon.
Communication is key to a healthy and loving relationship. But how do you know what is healthy or unhealthy communication? Explore critical themes in communication, assertiveness, and ensuring your needs and your partners needs are addressed in a relationship: Coming Soon
Couples Counselling Works!
Counselling can be a supportive intervention for couples throughout their relationship to help enrich their unions and connections in a variety of ways. Consider these interventions:
- Premarital Counselling
- Sex therapy
- Parenting Support & Education
- Individual Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Couples Counselling & Relationship Support
- Divorce & Separation Mediation & Support
Our Featured Articles
- Healing the Impact of Race TraumaI attended my first Black funeral in January 2012. My beautiful grandmother had passed away a few days prior, and my mother, sister and I arrived to Port of Spain, Trinidad West Indies within a few hours. I loved my trips to Trinidad, but this one was bittersweet. Each day, before the funeral we sat in my grandmother’s home as visitors came to visit every day. The visitors brought food, told stories, prayed, played music, hugged, and connected with each other. So after learning of Mr. Floyd’s passing, I think the world… Read More
- Surviving Learning-from-Home for LearnersAset Group Consulting and Counselling Services hosts placement students from graduate schools across Canada and the United States. The graduate placement students play a fundamental role in supporting wellness therapists to provide a holistic, family systems intervention and provide counselling services to individuals and couples in need of subsidized services. Our graduate placements ended abruptly on March 20, 2020 due to COVID-19 and physical distancing measures. The following cohort of students started in May 2020, and they quickly had to adapt to a “lean from home” environment while providing teletherapy. As graduate… Read More
- Program OfficerAset Group Consulting and Counselling Services is a counselling practice located in Durham Region that provides a holistic and anti-oppressive service for adults, children/youth, families, and couples. The organization works in collaboration with a non-profit, Ifarada: Centre for Excellence to develop programs for youth, and community members. We are currently seeking a Program Officer to provide support with our organizations in a virtual capacity. The program officer is responsible for building and developing the current marketing strategy and program initiatives. Title: Program Officer Type: Full-time (30 hours), summer experience program Deadline for… Read More